Over the past 9 years we have tackled some of the biggest reconciliation challenges brought to us by the Dynamics GP community. We are proud to announce that Reporting-Central has partnered with Kerry Hataley of Nanook Software to create several new modules for The Closer. In partnering with Kerry, we can now offer a broader range of enhanced GP data integrity solutions.
The Closer will very soon have functionality for three highly specialized areas where reconciliations have proven to be a persistent problem for Dynamics GP users.
The three areas of focus are:
1. Cogsdale CSM – Electric, Gas, Water and Sewer Utilities & Municipalities
2. Fixed Assets Module (FA)
3. Project Accounting Module (PA)
The Closer was our first official add-on solution for Dynamics GP, it helps users reconcile discrepancies between their General Ledger and Sub-Ledgers. The current sub-ledger list includes AR, AP, Cash, Inventory (Standard/HITB/By Site/By Class), Accrued Purchasing, PO – Purchase Order, Sales Orders and COGS (Cost of Goods).
Our customers and partners appreciate the level of detail that The Closer analyzes prior to presenting reconciliation data. Not only does The Closer reveal the standard short comings of Dynamics GP, it categorizes each reconciliation issue with it’s own “reason code”.
For example, when an inventory reconciliation report is run with The Closer, the results will tell you which transactions are keeping you out of balance and it will provide additional insight about each transaction, such as the following:
• “Inventory Account Used in Non-Inventory Distribution”
• “Document Not in Inventory Transaction History”
• Or another of over 20 other module based reason codes.
Expanding the reconciliation functionality of The Closer will provide an opportunity for a broader part of the Dynamics GP user base to take their time back.
This post focuses on the upcoming Cogsdale CSM modules:
If you are a Cogsdale CSM user and have struggled, or are struggling now, trying to figure out why your CSM data is not reconciling to the GL, your problem will soon be a thing of the past. You will no longer have to spend hours and hours trying to manually get to the bottom of your reconciliation situation(s). All of the time you have been wasting to reconcile your GL can now be allocated to other operational duties.
Here’s a quick overview of the software solutions currently under development for Cogsdale users:
CSM-GL Module – (Cogsdale: Customer Service Management)
Cogsdale CSM to GL reconciliations have been simplified…
The Closer will reconcile your Cogsdale CSM and DynGP GL data, handling both detailed and summary distributions, for all document and service types.
The Closer will reconcile the proper GL control accounts and examine posting types and all time periods.
The Closer will ease frustrations in finding:
• Batches or transactions that have been posted to the wrong control accounts or time period.
• Any random general journal entries that have crept into CSM control accounts.
The Closer will analyze all relevant CSM and DynGP data to uncover all of the issues that are keeping Cogsdale and DynGP out of synch, freeing up more time to collect cash from your customers and go about your day to day tasks.
CSM – TB by Location or Customer (Special Location Analysis)
• Provide a reconciled TB for a specific location
• Review revenue to ensure the proper accounts were booked
• Riders, Basic Rates and Government Regulations reviewed and accounted for properly
CSM – masterDoc Checklinks
• A detailed audit of all master document tables against relevant work/open/history tables
• This reconciliation process encompasses 6 different levels with verifications between the
many tables that commonly create data issues
• Compare summary GL data to Cogsdale detail data
CSM – Cash to Bank Account
• Reconcile cash accounts based on Cogsdale processing cash transactions via the bank
• Will help to minimize impact on time spent on the Audit process
CSM – Deposits
• A detailed “recovery” reconciliation process of deposits
• For both “classic” and “misc.” receivable type deposits
Stay tuned for more details about Fixed Assets and Project Accounting…
If you’d like further information, please contact us at 813-579-4991 or firstname.lastname@example.org